As promised, here is my stress relief tips. As the school year draws to a close, I know that I tend to get super stressed with school, family, and even my very small social life. Over the past little while I have realized that if you know when you tend to get stressed, all you have to do is be prepared and it won't be as bad. So enough with the intro; here are my top ten stress relief tips! Enjoy!
1. Exercise regularly. I know with a busy schedule, it can be hard to find time to exercise. I play tennis three times a week and on the other four days, I love to bike around town with my friends, play basketball in my backyard, and even hit the playground once and a while.
2. Get plenty of sleep. I know that your parents or your doctor probably tells you this all the time but it really is true. Teenagers should be getting between 8-10 hours of sleep. I am absolutely horrible at going to bed on time so if you struggle with this at first, know that you're not the only one!
3. Color! Honestly, I don't think that there is anything more relaxing than coloring. Go to your local target and pick up a coloring book and a package of crayola crayons. It will do you good; I promise! Here are some good websites to print out coloring pages if you prefer that over a coloring book:
4. Go on a bike ride. Find a bike trail near your home and let it loose. There is no speed limit for bikes! (don't forget to wear a helmet)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR_urcJfQYE (ha ha!!)
5. Aroma Therapy. Light your favorite candle, spritz your favorite perfume. It will soothe your muscles and calm your mind.
5. Go out for a spa day. It is nice to get away for a while and have people pamper you. I love the spa because of the soothing and peaceful atmosphere it has.
So I hope that you enjoyed this post. Thanks again to everyone who helped me reach 1000 page views, I seriously still am in shock.