Sunday, October 19, 2014

Mary Poppins Halloween Costume

Mary Poppins
****Hello Internet!
Today I bring you my very first Halloween post. I know that I'm a little late but hey, better late then never. Here is a really fun costume idea that I'm sure you guys will love!!!
<3/ Audrey****


The Skirt: I found this tutorial from thisbigoaktree.blogspot.com  and I think that it would work really well for this costume if you used a black cotton fabric. You could also use any black skirt that you may have in your closet. (you could also buy it here)
The Blouse: There are tons of white blouses at places like the thrift store but if you want to get exactly what you need, this tutorial is great! (rufflesandrosescrafts.blogspot.com) OR you could buy it here.
The Hat: The hat is probably the trickiest part of this whole costume. I recommend finding a hat from the thrift store and vamping it up a bit with some fake daisies and berries from the dollar store. (or here)


The Jacket: The jacket is also kind of tricky. In the movie, Mary wears a blue trench coat with white stripes down the front. You could literally use any blue jacket and glue white ribbon down the front to get the same effect. Or, you can just buy it here.
The Bow-tie: Take a red bow and attach it to any old necklace. This adds the final touch to the outfit and it's super easy. If you really REALLY don't want to make anything, you can buy one here. (and it's on sale right now!!!)
The Shoes: You can really wear any black shoes with this outfit but I have found that black converse are super comfortable and look way cute peeking out from the skirt.

Misc Tips:

  • If your skirt is on the shorter side, I would recommend wearing tights to prevent getting chilly while partying the Halloween night away.
  • Don't buy a super expensive umbrella. This is just a costume so you can literally use a broken one. Also, a broken umbrella will keep you grounded :)
  • Get creative!! Add your own personal touch to your costume. 



















1 comment:

Leave me a comment!!!! :) I try and respond to them all!