Monday, January 26, 2015

Book Review | Pride and Popularity | Jenni James

Tuesday January 27 2015
Author: Jenni James
Genre: Romance/ Classic Retelling
Age: 13+ (just because the main character is in her older teens)
Content Rating: G 
My Rating: 5/5 *****
Average time: 3-5 hours
Pages: 225
Summary: (from the back of the book)
Chloe Elizabeth Hart despises the conceited antics of the popular crowd -- or more importantly, one very annoying, self-possessed guy, Taylor Anderson, who seems determined to make her the president of his fan club! as if! Every girl in the whole city of Farmington, New Mexico, is in love with him, but he seems to be only interested in Chloe.

This modern high school adaptation of Pride and Prejudice is a battle of wits as Chloe desperately tries to remain the only girl who can avoid the inevitable -- falling for Taylor.

My Thoughts:
This book was so cute! It had me cheering for the characters all the way to the end. Pride and Prejudice has always been one of my favorite classic stories and this book just increased my love even more so. I would recommend this to anybody looking for a good, clean, uplifting book. Books like these are so hard to find nowdays and Jenni James has done a fantastic job with her book.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!!!! :) I try and respond to them all!