Friday, January 16, 2015

Book Review | Letters to Julia | Barbara Ware Holmes



(Sorry for the quality of the picture. It was the only one I could find.)
Friday January 16, 2015
Author: Barbara Ware Holmes
Genre: Coming of Age/ Realistic Fiction
Age: 13+ (just because the main character is in her older teens)
Content Rating:
My Rating: 5/5 *****
Average time: 3-5 hours
Pages: 320
Summary: (from goodreads)
Liz Beech wants nothing more than to escape her crazy family and be a writer. Channeling all her energy and drive into her work, Liz becomes an astute and humorous observer of the people around her. When she begins writing to Julia Steward Jones, a professional editor, the two become fast friends. But Julia doesn't realize the impact that her words have on others until she has gone too far. This unforgettable novel gives readers a glimpse into the minds of two compelling and rich characters.

My Thoughts:
Before I dive too deeply into this book review, I would love to let all of you reading this to drop whatever electronic device you are holding, and go buy this book. Hunt it down; take no prisoners; I promise you, it will be 100% worth it.

This was hands down, one of the most beautiful books that I've ever read. Every page was pure poetry and it was a delight to read. For someone who loves writing, such as myself, this book is very relatable. I would recommend this to EVERYBODY and ANYBODY looking for a good read.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!!!! :) I try and respond to them all!