Monday, June 16, 2014

Dear Audrey #5

Hey Audrey,
So, you know how they always ask the question, "What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?"  Well, I would try out for the sophomore basketball team.However, there are SO many problems with this.  One, I am not good at basketball.  I am certainly willing to work hard this summer, but I don't think it will be enough to make the team.  I was considering joining the freshman team, but how embarrassing would that be? 2, I don't know if I'll have time.  I'm taking 2 AP classes, and all honors. But, I really want to do this.  I just LOVE basketball so much. Another thing that's keeping me from doing it is the fact that everyone else has been doing this since they were 5, and I just barely discovered my passion for basketball 2 weeks ago. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks!!
#didisayiwasconfused? 


#didisayiwasconfused,
When I got your message I literally let out a squeal of excitement because I know exactly how you feel! When I started playing tennis about two years ago, I knew I wanted to try out for the team in high school but I wasn't sure if I would make it because I had just started and everyone else had been playing for their entire life. I didn't let that stop me though and I worked the hardest that I had ever worked at anything in my life. When freshman year approached, I took a deep breath and tried out. When I got the results, I made bottom JV!! It wasn't much but it was a start. This upcoming year I am trying to make varsity. If you stay with it, even if you haven't been with it for a long time to begin with. If this is something that you are truly passionate about, I say go for it!! What do you have to lose? Worst case scenario: you don't make the team. You are only a sophomore once and I say take advantage of it. Hope that this helped! 

<3/ Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!!!! :) I try and respond to them all!