Monday, January 20, 2014

The Book Thief Review



Genre: Historical Fiction (WWII)
Age: 13+
Content Rating: PG-13, for mild language and just the idea of World War 2
My Rating: *****

(summary from http://www.goodreads.com)
It is 1939. Nazi Germany. The country is holding its breath. Death has never been busier, and will become busier still.

Liesel Meminger is a foster girl living outside of Munich, who scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing when she encounters something she can’t resist–books. With the help of her accordion-playing foster father, she learns to read and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bombing raids as well as with the Jewish man hidden in her basement. 

I had to read this book for my English class and I honestly have to say that I cried the entire way through. These kind of books have a way of drawing you in and not letting you go until you are finished. It was fantastically written and now I'm honestly afraid that the movie will ruin it. Five out of Five stars and I would definitely recommend this to anybody who loves historical fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!!!! :) I try and respond to them all!