Monday, April 22, 2013

Shopping Like an Expert

Hi Guys!
I meant to post this yesterday but I got home really late so I didn't have time. A couple of days ago, I went to the mall with some of my best friends and it was so fun! Shopping can either be a lot of fun or it can be a total nightmare depending on how well you are prepared. Here are some tips that I use when I go shopping. Hope you enjoy it!

  • Find out what colors suit you best before you go. Take a minute and stand next to a color wheel. Okay, so recently, my mom has been really freaking out because she is having doubts on which colors go best with her skin-tone.  Literally everywhere we go, she always has a color wheel in her purse so she can compare colors when she has a spare minute. I'm not saying that you have to take it to this extreme but it is wise to know what colors to look for when you go shopping. It will save you a lot of time.
  • Find out your exact dress size and your exact shoe size. Also, find out which company's tend to make things smaller than standard size or larger than standard size. It seems like whenever I walk into a shoe store, I am overwhelmed because I have to buy some shoes a size bigger than others. Your shoe size also depends on which type of shoes you are looking for. Here is a list of how to tell what size you need in different shoes. 
      • Flats/ Sandals- Get flats and sandals in as close to your shoe size as possible. I have really narrow feet so if my flats are even just a little bit too big, they slide off and drive me crazy.
      • Heels- Buy heels a little smaller than your shoe size. Your heels will stay on much better and not slip off as easily. *My secret tip for breaking in a new pair of heels is to put a band-aid wherever you think that the shoes will rub. It will save a lot of pain and blisters in the long run.*
      • Sneakers- I like to get sneakers about 1/2 size bigger than my feet. I think that they breathe better when they are just a bit bigger and at the end of the day, you don't end up with stinky feet
  • Go Shopping often and when you go, only get what you really love. This tip will help you keep your wardrobe up to date with the latest fashions, but It will also save you your budget. Most of the time that I go shopping, I only pick up a couple things and other times I don't find anything at all which is totally fine. 
  • Keep an open mind. Some items look absolutely hideous while on the hanger but when you try it on, it fits fabulously! Keeping an open mind is what brings all the fun into shopping. We need to try new styles, new patterns, and new colors in order to truly have fun while shopping. Who knows; maybe you could start a new trend!
  • Go with friends. Have a girls day out and hit the mall! Your friends can have a great impact on whether you choose to buy something or not. You may love them for pressuring you to get that top, or you may hate them for pressuring you to get those really ugly shorts.
  • Buy off season items. I have found that the best time to get a winter coat is in the spring. You can get fabulous deals while the item is going out of season and even if you don't end up wearing it that year, save it until winter rolls around  again. *Target sells flip flops at a FANTASTIC price in October. Although, last time I went, they only had yellow in stock so now I have seven pairs of yellow flip flops burning a hole in my closet.*
  • Assess your closet. See what you already have so that you don't end up buying that skirt that you have nothing to wear it with. I personally like to take pictures on my phone of items in my wardrobe that don't have really anything that matches with it so that you can keep your eyes open while browsing the racks in the store.
So these are all of my shopping tips. I hope you enjoyed it and I'll talk to you later!

Audrey <3






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!!!! :) I try and respond to them all!